Tuesday, October 1, 2013

China Chapter 5

Date wrote: May 21, 2013
I have a pretty awesome story to share with you about what happened today at school. As the kids were rehearsing a skit for a performance, it started pouring rain.. out of control. Like monsoon status.

 As soon as the rain was coming down, the power went out. As soon as the power went out, there was the loudest most scary thunder I have ever heard happen. I got scared as well as all of the kids. Shay, Anna and I went over to the kids to comfort them.

Our Autistic boy in our class, Jared was scared out of his life. Jared is one that he likes to be alone and he will give us a high five. But that is the most contact that any of us have ever got with him.

But today, when the thunder came, he was more scared out of anyone. I walked over to him to hug him and let him know everything was going to be okay and he takes his arms and wraps his whole-self around me. He wouldn't let go. I take his hand and sit in a chair with him holding him to death as he covered his face and I sat there rocking him back and forth, with his head in my chest.

It was worth the whole trip to China. That will never happen again.

The girls told me, "You are so lucky to have that opportunity with him." 

As I was sitting there holding him for the 15 minutes that we had together, I was wondering what Heavenly Father was telling him. I feel that Heavenly Father sent him to me, for me. to humble me. For me to step back and remember why I am here again. 

These moments like this, last a life time. Jared is one special little boy and I am so lucky that I am one of his teacher's this semester. I feel very blessed just to be in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment